2012年6月2日星期六

Flutter Chapter 12

Flutter Chapter 12

What did Carl have to say about Nora?" Blaine asked, flicking at the Newton's cradle that Quinton had on his desk.
"He had nothing but pleasant words about her. Carl did say that she is behind in her knowledge of the lupine life, but, she won't have a hard time catching up, being that she's very attentive." Quinton answered dryly.

"That's a good thing, isn't it?" Blaine questioned, not understanding Quinton's tone.
"I suppose. From how Carl described the lesson, it seems that she is taking this too carelessly. This is not meant to be 'story time.' I want her to fully absorb the material, and progress into more advanced, and mature topics. I wonder if she really knows the importance of the position that she's in."

"Now Quinton, must you really squash every single drop of pleasure that she creates for herself? You must understand that she is still adjusting to her stay here. What's the trouble if she's an eager student? Better that then having her indifferent to it all."
"Yes, but I want some modicum of seriousness. I want her to understand the significance of her position."

"How can Nora understand that when you scrutinize her every move? Quinton, I don't want to speak out of turn, but friend to friend, it seems to me that you view Nora as a responsibility rather than as your mate sometimes." Blaine said, leaning against the hardwood desk that Quinton sat behind.

"Why she is my responsibility! Not only am I her superior, I am also her mate, and I must go out of my way to protect her, and ensure that she is following the rules of our people. Excuse me if that brings with it some stress!" Quinton blurted, running a hand through his hair, agitated.

"You speak of her as if she's a child that's running amok! Quinton, understand that she was doing perfectly well before you claimed her as a mate." Blaine indicated.

"That may be so, but her actions now reflect her position as the mate of a beta, and she can no longer go wherever the wind blows. How would it look if I were to simply roll up my sleeves and take a grand vacation for three months or so? That would be completely inappropriate."

"I think that a vacation is exactly what you need Quinton. To answer your question though that's why you have people, like me, to fall back on. I am your primary advisor for a reason. I do believe I'd be more than able to handle things for a couple of months, if not a year."

"I don't doubt your abilities, Blaine. However, I do doubt the loyalty of our brethren. People are quick to judge, and if I were to act as if my position weren't important, then they would not treat it with importance. It only takes one person to start a revolution, and we do not need anymore tiffs amongst our kind. One straw can break the camel's back,mbt zum Verkauf, and if that were to happen, all we've worked for can be blown to smithereens."

"Who knew you were one for melodrama, Quinton? You worry far too much. I assure that centuries of dedication won't be destroyed if you were to take a vacation."
"One can never take chances. If there's one thing my father taught me, it was to never take chances."

"Quinton,hogan vendita, your father said a lot of things, and I don't mean to speak ill-"
"Watch yourself, Blaine." Quinton leaned forward, his voice hardening.
"Excuse me, Quinton. I forget my place."
"Certainly." Quinton agreed, leaning back in his chair, and turning away from Blaine, who quietly made his way out of the office.

Quinton sat and brooded for a while, displeased that Blaine was somewhat right. When Carl gave Nora his seal of approval, Quinton had to admit that he was... well... appeased. Quinton had been expecting Carl to say that Nora was reluctant, and despondent, yet, Carl had described Nora as being the complete opposite. Carl wasn't the only one to paint Nora in a good light. The physicians had also reviewed Nora to be respectful, and curious. Now of course these were great remarks, but they took Quinton aback. Nora had been adamant about not liking Quinton's directions, so he'd assumed that Nora would be more uncooperative.

Quinton was beginning to realize, little by little, that he had less and less reason to find fault in Nora - less reason to keep his guard up, and less reason to stay away.

Two Days Later on Saturday...

Nora sighed, laying her book down on the seat of the bay window she was sitting at. She was getting impatient. Nora had been waiting for Tifa since the time she'd awoken. As of now, Tifa was over and hour late, and Nora's patience was running dry. On top of that, after a night of fitful sleep, Nora scantily had rest, and woke up sore, and drowsy. Lucky for her, the doctors had decided that they needed to push back their appointment later the following week, for they were stuck in another state, thanks to inclement weather. Tifa had Nora all to herself.

Nora decided that she had enough sitting, and got up, stretching her arms and legs, sighing in comfort. Nora hoped Tifa would arrive soon, knowing that the company would help keep her mind off of the thoughts that were roaming her head. Due to a day of business, Nora hadn't seemed Quinton since he'd introduced her to Carl. Quinton hadn't even slept in her bedroom, and that made Nora feel the opposite of satisfaction.

In the two days that he'd lain with her, Nora had managed to grow accustomed to the warm, hard, yet soft body that rested beside her. Without his presence Nora felt the dull ache of loneliness, her heart unhappy with the fact that he wasn't next to her, in her sights. Nora though, didn't quite understand that longing that she felt, for it was much more aggressive than the emotions that she thought she carried for Quinton. It was as if a different part of Nora was reaching for Quinton. Nora couldn't quiet place what it was that was causing her to feel this way, but it didn't feel foreign - in fact it felt natural. Nora shook her head, not wanting to think about the issue anymore.

"Nora, dear! Tifa has arrived." Mary peeked her head through the doorway of Nora's room.
"Finally!" Nora exclaimed, quickly stepping out of the room and dashing down to the foyer. There, she found Tifa already exchanging pleasantries with Blaine.
"Hello again, Tifa. You have been missed." Nora said, walking up to the two when they finished greeting each other. Blaine quietly excuse himself, leaving the other two to converse alone.
"As were you, Nora. It's nice to see you again. Sorry for my late arrival, but I had previous duties to attend to." Tifa said, giving Nora a friendly hug.

"It's no big deal really, I've just been so anxious waiting for you to get here. What do you have planned?"
"I can't say that what we'll be doing today will be any fun. Quinton has been pretty adamant on getting you to bulk up and become more physically fit."

"Is he trying to say I'm fat?" Nora pursed her lips, placing hand on hips in mock anger.
"No. No. Quinton is just worried that you are weak, and he'd like to see you better defend yourself. I mean, from what he told me, you weren't very able to escape from the arms of your kidnapper."
"This is true." Nora agreed. "So, am I gonna go jogging or something? Punch a few bags?" Nora said, swatting at the air like a primed kung fu master.

"The regime I have planned isn't as easy as you'd like, I'm afraid. The training plan I have designed will be a tad more stringent."
"Oh please. It can't be that bad, now can it."
"Well, I have to get a few more things out of the car. How about you get dressed in some sweats or something. I'll be in the backyard setting up."
"Sure."
"Oh, and you might want to bring water - lots of it."
"Got it. Now, I'm ready for whatever you throw at me." Nora said cockily, grinning widely.

Nora soon saw that she had majorly put her foot in her mouth. After changing into more appropriate attire, Nora met up with Tifa in the yard. Her eyes bulged out when she saw that Tifa had transformed the grounds into a makeshift obstacle course. Cones were aligned in various configurations, and Nora realized that she was going to have to make it through these stations during her training session. Nora gulped before heading over to where Tifa stood, in the middle of it all.

"So...I have a feeling that this isn't going to be a walk in the park." Nora begun.
"Nora,mbt zum Verkauf, I've afraid you're right. I mean I do train people for a living, but since you aren't a recruit for the militia, I won't work you as hard. Though, that doesn't mean I won't be working you to your fullest capability."

"I don't know if I like the way that sounds." Nora scratched the back of her neck. Nora had every right to feel uneasy. The most physically straining activities she participated in back at Wicks was milking a cow here and there, or carrying buckets of water.
"Like it or not, Nora, the beta has spoken, and I have to carry out his wishes of making you a lean, mean, wolfen machine."
Nora gave her a shaky smile, before nodding her head and conveying to Tifa that she was ready to begin.

It didn't take long for Nora to regret that head motion. The difficulty began from the very start. Under the shining rays of the afternoon sun, Nora was shown a whole new world of hurt. Nora was first commanded to run laps around the field which were immediately followed up by her having complete the hand made obstacles.

When she was done fumbling with that, Nora had to get down and complete a grueling abs workout which consisted of crunches, lunges, planks, and other intensive workouts. As if that wasn't enough to add fuel to the fire,Christian Louboutin, Tifa had shifted from easy-going, and calm to a demanding, loud, drill sergeant. Nora couldn't so much as pause for breath, otherwise Tifa would be there, shouting in her ear to keep on moving. Muscles, and ligaments that Nora didn't know existed were being torn, and shredded, thanks to all the movements she was being made to do. The saddest part was that Tifa was participating in the workouts along with her, and had hardly worked up a sweat.

An hour later, Nora was holding herself up by her arms, on her last push up. Exhausted, and drenched with sweat, Nora was panting, and heaving for breath, attempting to lift her body weight using two quaking arms.

"Come on, Nora. Give me one more." Tifa bellowed, crouching next to Nora's quivering form.
"I'm. Trying." Nora managed to choke out, her eyes shut tight.
"Not nearly hard enough. One more push and this will all be over."
Nora groaned out loud, mustering up the strength to lower her body to the ground and back up again before collapsing on the grass.
"That's my girl. Congrats, Nora. You've successfully completed your first day of training." Tifa applauded.
"Now, I think you need a moment and I need a restroom." Tifa said, rising to her feet, and turning away from the listless body on the ground.

Nora laid there, motionless, eyes shut, and mouth wide, wishing for her heartbeat to return to a normal pace. In time, the thumping in her ears began to lessen, and Nora could catch her breath more easily. Nora raised her head, forcing herself to actually look at her surroundings. The sun was lower in the sky, and it had grown a smidgen cooler. She didn't know for how long she'd lain there, but she now got to her feet, brushing the dirt and dead leaves off of her sportswear. Nora clambered over to the patio on weakened knees, grasping at the water bottle that she'd placed there. Uncapping it,mbt schuhe, Nora, without care for manners or presentation, guzzled down the contents, letting rivulets of H20 trickle down her neck and soak her further.

"Thirsty I see." Tifa commented, appearing in the doorway, followed by an ever present Blaine. Nora nodded eagerly, swiping at her mouth with the back of her arm.
"From the looks of it, I think thirsty is too mild a word." Blaine chuckled.
"Indeed. Are you alright there, Nora?" Tifa asked.
"F-fine. Just fine." Nora said breathlessly.

"I know, I worked you hard today. I figured best to just let your body take the plunge instead of dipping your toes into the water."
"I understand, though I wish you'd taken it a bit easier on me."
"Noted, but at least next time you'll be aware of what's expected of you. If it makes you feel any better, this is one/fourth the amount of difficulty that is expected of the recruits I train."

"No, I can't say that make me feel better." Nora smiled.
"Well, I'm just letting you know. Compared to what I'm used to, this is more than easy." Tifa said with a wink.
"Lucky you." Nora said with a roll of her eyes.
"Testy. Testy." Blaine clucked.
"I'll let it side." Tifa said. "I'll blame the attitude on the heat. Any who, I've got to pack up all my gear before I head out."

"No dinner for you tonight?" Blaine asked.
"I was thinking about it, but I don't want to have to inconvenience you all once again."
"It won't be a problem. Just take my spot." Nora offered.
"You won't be eating?" Tifa questioned.
"No. I just want to unwind right now. It's alright, just take my seat. 'Could you handle Quinton for me Blaine?" Nora said.

"Well... err... I don't know how well he'll take it, but I'll explain it to him."
"Keep him off my back as much as you can. I sincerely need a rest."
"I suppose you can stay after all, right?" Blaine said to Tifa.
"It seems like I can." She replied happily.
"I'll be off then, Tifa. I would say thanks for the training, but I don't know how honest I would sound." Nora remarked.

"Trust me, Nora. You'll be thanking me later. I'll be seeing you in a couple of days. Our session next time will be much the same. You've been warned."

Nora stuck out her tongue before saying farewell to Tifa and Blaine, and leaving them behind her.

*******************************************************

Nora uttered a sigh of comfort as she lay, languid and sedated, in the tub of warm water. After reaching her room, Nora disrobed, and took a quick shower - making sure to get rid of all the grime that accumulated during her workout. Then, Nora rewarded herself with a splendid bubble bath; even taking the time to light a couple of candles. The bathroom was already well-stocked with plenty of essential oils that Nora added to her bathing water - rose and chamomile. The bubble bath was well-deserved, Nora figured, after how she'd exerted herself that afternoon.

Suddenly, Nora's tranquility was disrupted when she smelled another scent. Her head rose, and looked to the door, not surprised from the rapping of a fist against the wood. Before she could even him to come in, Quinton opened the bathroom door and entered. Nora sat up straight in the tub, hoping that those bubbles were enough to cover all her important parts.

"Can I help you?" She asked him calmly, not too shocked by his unexpected appearance. Rather, Nora's heart quickened its pace at the sight of Quinton.
"What's the meaning of you not attending dinner?" Quinton stated, not caring for pleasantries.
"Didn't Blaine explain to you?"
"I care not for Blaine's rendition. I want to hear from you why you felt it appropriate to bypass dinner tonight."

"Look, I was training with Tifa today, and it took a lot out of me. I just need a moment to myself."
"Why did you not simply come to me?"
"I should have come to you directly, you're right. I'm sorry." Nora apologized, in no mood to argue. The warm atmosphere made her heavy lidded and drowsy. Quinton's jaw stiffened, and Nora could see that he had something on the tip of his tongue, but unlike usual, he held back his statement.

"Well, at least you have admitted your fault."
Nora nodded lazily.
"Is there anything else?"
"No. No. That's what I wanted to bring up to you." Quinton assured. He stood there, arms behind his back, unsure of what to do next.
"I'm not going to lie. I expected this conversation to last longer. I was ready for you to call me a callous dictator."

Nora let out a giggle that made Quinton cock an eyebrow.
"I still think you're a dictator, but I'm letting you win this battle."
"Letting me win?" Quinton grinned, moving to stand besides the tub. "You don't think that I trounced you in this argument?"
"Mmmm...nuh uh." Nora said, shaking her head back and forth.
"Is that so? Why's that?"

"I could counter that I don't feel that I, a grown woman has to report to someone about whether or not she should eat dinner."
"So, you don't think it is respectful to let your host know whether you'll be attending a dinner that has been made with you and mind?"
"From what I gather, I'm not just a guest am I? If I'm going to be living here the rest of my life, I should have some independence. I haven't been babied since I turned 13."

"You feel babied do you?"
"Wouldn't you if you were being told that you had to ask permission in the own house you're living in?"

Quinton guffawed. Placing his hands on the rim of the tub, he bent over and leaned in, his face inches from Nora's. He gazed deeply into her eyes, "Fair enough. I suppose you make a point. Though, I'd prefer if you let me know from time to time."
"I think I can manage that."
"And don't think to make skipping dinner a habit. It wouldn't be in your best interest to starve."
"Wasn't planning on it." Nora answered, lowering herself further into the pool of water, hiding part of her face in the large mass of bubbles. Quinton smirked, before raising himself up to a upright position.
"I must go now. Until later on this evening." Quinton said, nodding his head slightly, before stalking out of the room.

Nora let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, before leaning back in the tub. Quinton coming in had ruined her whole mood, 'cause the butterflies in her stomach were keeping her anything but relaxed.

*******************************************************

Nora parted her eyelids at the feel of a body moving beside her. Nora turned her body towards the figure.

"It's just me." Quinton whispered.
Nora stayed silent, looking at his shirtless figure in the darkness.
"You've come late." She said quietly.
"I had some work to take care of. Tifa told me to bid you good night." He sighed, placing an arm over his forehead.

"Oh." Nora uttered, not knowing what more to say. Nora took in Quinton while he laid there, unsuspecting. He had allowed his facial hair to grow lately, and Nora noticed that his hair had grown longer,chaussures christian louboutin, now past his ears. Before she even knew what she was doing, Nora reached out her hand and lightly fingered the silk like strands. Quinton looked at her, perplexed.

"Sorry." Nora said, drawing her hand away. "I wasn't thinking."
Embarrassed, Nora turned in the other direction, letting out a small mew of discomfort as her sore muscles screamed in protest.
"What's the matter?" Quinton inquired.
"Nothing." She answered.
Quinton was satisfied with that answer until a few minutes later, Nora groaned again at the twinges of pain that radiated throughout her body. Quinton sat up.

"Are you alright?" He said,hogan, a tad bit frantic.
"I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm just, well, a little sore from today." Nora answered, speaking into her pillow.
"Did Tifa work you too hard? I'll speak to her and -" Quinton begun.
"No. No. No. It's not Tifa at all. This was to be expected. My body was just really unused to a lot of movement."
"I can still say something to her."
"No. It's not necessary. No pain, no gain right."
Quinton grumbled in disagreement, laying back on the bed, attempting to rest again.

However, a small whimper from Nora had him upright once more.
"That's it." He stated, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and marching over to Nora's.
"What are you doing?" She inquired, puzzled, lifting herself off of the bed slightly.
"Face down." He commanded, towering above her.
"Huh?"
"Face down."
Nora did as he said, but jerked when he felt Quinton clambering over her.
"What the hell is going on?" She barked.
"Sssh. You're in pain, and I'm going to try to relieve it." Quinton said, adjusting himself over Nora's form. Legs splayed on either side of hers, Quinton balanced himself atop of her.
"I'm going to lift up your shirt." He said. Nora nodded in assent, as he raised her thin, lacy, nightshirt up to her neck, exposing her back. Nora shivered as she felt Quinton's fingers brush against her skin.
"Are you cold?" He asked, pausing.
"No. No. I'm fine." She peeped.
Continuing, Quinton rubbed his hands together, before lightly tracing the dip of her spine.
"I'm not a pro at massages but I'll do what I can."
"Ok."

Quinton using a combination of his palms and his fingers to work at the sore, tense muscles of her upper back. He kneaded, and rolled, applying just the right amount of pressure. Nora was not expecting the massage to feel as exquisite as it did, and she vocalized the pleasure she was feeling. "Right there." Nora moaned out, gripping the sheets.

Quinton smiled knowingly as he continued his ministrations; searching for where she was most tense, and soothing her. After a time, Quinton began to subside, bringing the massage to a halt. Nora whined her displeasure.

"Better?" He cooed.
"Much. Thank you."
"You're welcome. I couldn't have you crying and disturbing my sleep."
"I was not crying!"
"Maybe not, but still, I need my beauty sleep."
Quinton ran his fingers up and down her sides, grazing over the swells of her breast, eliciting squeals from Nora.
"Ticklish are we?"
"No." Nora tried to say between giggles.

"Tut tut. One shouldn't lie." Quinton playfully chided, stroking her more furiously.
"No! Don't!" She blurted out, attempting to kick her legs, and force Quinton off of her back. Nora was no match for Quinton though, who used his weight to his advantage, he pinned Nora down and He grasped both her wrist with one of his hands, and used the other to brush back the hair away from her head.

"I don't think that was very nice." He whispered into Nora's ear, nuzzling her nose against her cheek. Nora said nothing, feeling the blood rush to her face and hearing the thumping of blood in her ears.
"Why so silent?" He asked her, but upon hearing no response, he lifted himself off of her, and onto his own side of the bed. Quinton grabbed her side and flipped her over to a supine position.

"Hmmm... are we not friends anymore?" He asked, laying on his side, resting his head.
"I don't know if we were ever friends. We were strangers and then we were mates." Nora said looking up at him, lowering her night shirt to cover her body.
"You wound me, Nora." He said, stilling her hand, and placing his palm on her exposed belly.
"I've thought the same."

Quinton was quiet for a moment, letting his hand trace lazy circles on her skin.
"Must we always argue? I am enjoying this night. The past two nights have been tiring, and I can't say that I don't prefer being here."
"Say sweet words to me tonight, and insult me tomorrow." Nora challenged.
Quinton grimaced.

"I admit, I've been surly these past few weeks. Can't we just enjoy the moment?" Quinton said, rubbing his eyes.
"I can handle you being nice. I can handle you being mean. I just can't handle them both at the same time. It's too confusing. I just want a black and white - no shades of gray." Nora stated, her voice trembling slightly.

"I'll tell you again that I can't be what you're looking for. At most I can provide for you, and promise that I'll be faithful to you - we can share our warmth in the night. That must be enough."
"And if it isn't? If I'm going to be mated with you, we don't have to live as enemies, but I don't want to just live contently. I want to be happy." Nora said, remembering her conversation with her father.
"If it isn't, then it just isn't. We must learn to deal with what life gives us."
"Or what people force on you..." Nora muttered, turning over to her side.

Quinton rubbed his face with his hands before arranging himself on his side, and pulling Nora towards him. She came without reluctance, snuggling up, and letting sleep take her.

*******************************************************

Quinton stayed up, mulling over the conversation he had just had with Nora. He glanced at her sleeping form, chuckling a little to himself at how quickly she could escape to dream world. Quinton brought his hand up to her face, tracing the bend of her nose, and the curve of her cheek, letting his finger trail down her neck. Nora flinched slightly, but didn't awaken. Quinton caught himself, and drew his hand away.

'Come on now,scarpe hogan, Quinton. Stop acting like a hormonal teen.' He chastised himself. Quinton didn't appreciate the fact that Nora's words kept eating at him. Nora wanted him to keep his distance if he couldn't give her everything that mating entailed - including love. Quinton knew that was an emotion he wasn't capable of giving her, but he wasn't capable of keeping away from Nora either.

Even Quinton knew that he was somewhat smitten with her, and did not want to go back to the days of cold, frigidity, when they had been further apart. The question was how? How in the world did he go from wanting nothing to do with her, to not wanting to sleep apart from her? When did his vision of Nora change? When he had first encountered her, Nora was just plain, and mousy looking (with her brown hair, eyes, and freckled face). Quinton couldn't say that he agreed with that description now.

Deep down, he knew that his change of heart wasn't a result of his inner wolf, but rather his inner self. For Quinton - a man of rules, facts, and order - that was worrisome.

*******************************************************

Hello everybody!

So, school's out for summer, so expect me to be updating much quicker than I have been. Compared to my old pace, the next couple of chapters will be coming out like hot cakes! What do you think of this chapter? I hope you guys have some insight into what Quin's been thinking, and now you have a little bit more understanding of why he's so imperious.

When it comes to Nora, do you think she's justified to be a little hesitant of Quinton?

Let me hear your voices!

Thanks to: Alice X. Jasmine14. Loulas. Betty. Lizzie. Grace. Lara. Lindzay. Danielle. T. Honey.

If you were Nora, you would want:
Quinton to keep his distance.
Quinton to continue interacting with you as he is now.
Quinton to become more romantic.
Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论